BizEE Benchmark - Energy Benchmarking Software
Use BizEE Benchmark's automated approach to deliver effective energy audits in minimal time.
BizEE Benchmark has been designed for exceptionally fast energy auditing. The focus is on dramatically cutting the time it takes to assess a business's energy consumption and energy-saving potential.
Using benchmark-based analysis of past energy consumption data, BizEE Benchmark can rapidly generate an informative report for presentation to the business (see a sample BizEE Benchmark report).
Benefits of BizEE Benchmark
- It quickly provides valuable information to the business in an easily understandable format.
- It can rapidly identify a business's energy-saving potential, allowing a more informed decision to be made about whether a detailed energy-efficiency-audit (e.g. using BizEE Pro) is likely to be worthwhile.
- It does not require expert energy-efficiency knowledge.
- It provides a cost-effective way to deliver energy-audits to small businesses as well as larger energy consumers.
Using BizEE Benchmark
- You create a simple model of the business, entering data such as the type of business, the hours of operation, the energy inputs (or fuels) that supply energy to the site, and the main energy uses that consume the energy.
- You enter some past energy consumption data (ideally a year's worth, but BizEE Benchmark is very flexible on this).
- BizEE Benchmark compares the energy consumption data with the energy model, and, using benchmark figures, calculates how much energy the business is using, where that energy is going, how much it costs, and how much potential there is likely to be to make savings.
- You choose a report template, which BizEE Benchmark uses to generate a report for presentation to the business.
The final report
The end result of a BizEE Benchmark audit is a report for delivery to the business. It's worth reading through the sample report to get an idea of what BizEE Benchmark is capable of delivering in a very short space of time.
Different report styles and content can be catered for with report templates. The sample report was generated with the standard report template included with BizEE Benchmark. It demonstrates the sort of information that a BizEE Benchmark report can contain:
- Overall energy performance - the total energy consumption, cost, and CO2 emissions of the business, and an assessment of its overall energy-efficiency.
- Total savings potential - the priority would usually be placed on cost savings, but energy and CO2 emission figures are also available.
- Breakdown across the business - an analysis of where the energy is being used on-site. The current cost and savings potential of each energy-use (e.g. heating, lighting) can be presented in monetary terms, or in terms of energy and CO2 emissions.
- Priority targets - how to make savings - the priority targets for attention (e.g. lighting in the upstairs office), and general pointers* on how to make savings.
* To keep the auditing process as quick as possible, very little information on a specific business needs to be entered to generate a BizEE Benchmark report (see 'Using BizEE Benchmark'). For this reason BizEE Benchmark simply doesn't have the data that would be necessary to provide highly specific advice on exactly how savings should be made (e.g. "change the timer settings on the heating system from x to y", "fit x control-system to the upstairs lighting").
The general pointers that BizEE Benchmark provides are useful and informative, but highly specific advice requires an altogether more detailed auditing approach: for this we designed BizEE Pro.
If you'd like us to let you know when the Energy Audit Software becomes available, please email email@example.com.